Friday, June 29, 2012

How many websites since 2003

I took a refresher job search course with Lehigh University the past few weeks. It was awesome, and it made me think about accomplishments versus titles and responsibilities.

It is a very easy trap to fall into when you just "do" instead of "doing and recording". It was a trap I fell in early in my graduate work and quickly dug myself out when I was asked to explain my results. The same applies when you look and bid for projects, get them, complete them, and then move on to the next cycle. One day comes when you need to recall the work and the projects, and you draw a blank. You know you worked your ass off to get here, but then you cannot recall on the spot your accomplishments.

I feel that blogging and twitter might be the answer to my recall issue. I will try to record the accomplishments, like the fact that the St. Nicholas Greek Orthodox Church Facebook and website went from a few dozen views per week to a high 300 unique for the first and 1500 unique visits for the second, after I took over both sites, within a few months. I have done this for other sites too, but the analytics in Google and Facebook are making it easy for me to quantify the results now, not so in the past.

So how many websites have I worked on by designing them, building them, debugging them, promoting them, maintaining them, redesigning them, since Jen and I founded Zephyros Inc. in 2003? 76. How many email campaigns have we built and delivered and analyzed and maintained since then? 150+. How many emails did we sent out for clients? 9,000,000+.

The next step for me is to write about the manufacturing and service industry projects. Many of them are from our collaboration with the Enterprise Systems Center.

No comments:

Post a Comment