Monday, July 2, 2012

thunderbird 13.0.1 new mail alert: disable it

I receive several hundred email messages every single day, less on the weekends, about 10% work-related, the rest not. I use Thunderbird to check my email. Every now and then, a sliding pop up creeps into the lower part of my screen, alerting me about email messages that I have already seen, dealt with, and probably deleted. I do not like that pop up, it does not help me be more productive.

So, I use the Thunderbird options to disable it. I go to the menu called TOOLS in Thunderbird, then I choose OPTIONS, then the tab GENERAL, and I check off the two options for alerts, SHOW AN ALERT, and PLAY A SOUND. And I press OK.

The next step would be to find out how to disable the popups for when there is an error with the email read/write/create.

No comments:

Post a Comment